11/11/06

It'm Not White, I'm Pink

I'm a little behind in my reading. Well, it's a chronic condition that most of us can understand. This morning, in my browsing, I found thoughts that disturbed me. Maybe I shouldn't think these thoughts are directed to a bunch of us, but I do. This is from Ahmed at Aimless Thoughts. I consider Ahmed a friend, please count him as one of yours.
TEN TRUTHS BLACK, HISPANIC, NATIVE AMERICAN AND ASIAN PEOPLE KNOW, BUT WHITE PEOPLE WON'T ADMIT: 1.Elvis is dead. 2.Jesus was not white. 3.Rap music is here to stay. 4.Kissing your pet is not cute or clean. 5.Skinny does not equal sexy. 6.Thomas Jefferson had black children. 7.A 5 year old child is too big for a stroller. 8.N-SYNC will never hold a candle to the Jackson 5. 9.An occasional spanking helps a child stay in line. 10.Having your children curse you out in public is not normal
My Answers
1) Well, who cares, Ahmed? If people of little intelligence think Elvis, JFK, Plato or Socrates are alive, let's let them have their thoughts. 2) Jesus is not of color, nor is he of sex. Jesus is one with the Universe and will always be that. Jesus, or any of our spiritual leaders might be plaid, for all I know, for all you know, and I don't care the color. They gave us more to think about than petty skin color. We are what we are; color should never be a question. 3) Rap music is a means of communication. I was turned off when "Big" talked about sewing eyelids open. Scared the hell out of me. Regardless, Rap is here and it's here to to be part of our history. 4) Who the hell ever told you kissing your pet is unclean? And why should they care? Our pets are gifts. "Suffer the little ones...." 5) "Skinny" is a concept of those who have a problem with thin people. I was born thin. Why do people speak of me as if I was a freak of nature. 6) It's always been a mystery to me why people feel that what Thomas Jefferson did or didn't do is any of their business. Black kids, white kids; they were his kids. 7) The ability of a child to walk independently is decided between the child and the parent; not by passersby. 8) N-SYNC vs Jackson 5? Don't care for either. Doesn't mean good or bad. 9) The spankings. I know personally of too many parents who've used spankings to the detriment of their children. Mine didn't. Regardless, I have too many friends who've been scarred. 10) No, you'll not get a nod from this quarter about cursing. Parents shouldn't do it, children shouldn't hear it. Children cannot be allowed to think it's ok to give that sort of disrespect to thier parents.

No comments: